144 Comments
Jul 5, 2023·edited Jul 5, 2023

I think this is the first timbers game postponed in the mls Era. Can anyone confirm?

Expand full comment

Postponed

Expand full comment

Match postponed, about time... not like they could’ve said that an hour ago or anything

Expand full comment

Our long nightmare is over! Officially postponed.

Expand full comment

So when do they pull the plug ?

Expand full comment

No linkup btw midfield and strikers..no ability to hold possession in the midfield..pretty simple..if Paulson is still in the country, seems time to do something..we need ideas and some ass-kicking

Expand full comment

Woah - o - ooh, woah - o - oh -- endless loop of inanity. A lot like PTFC’s offensive “system”.

Expand full comment

Another weather day, that’s just hilarious. Man that first half was just... rough for both teams

Expand full comment

Is this really another weather delay?

Expand full comment

This is the exact type of game euro snobs point to when they laugh at MLS. Ugh.

Expand full comment

I'm not able to watch the match but the teams look evenly matched on paper, with Colorado doing a little better. Google gives Colorado a 49% chance of winning, 29% draw, PTFC 22% win.

shots: CR 4 , PT 3

on target: CR 1, PT 1

possession: CR 55% , PT 45%

passes: CR 220 , PT 196

pass accuracy: CR 79% , PT 72%

fouls: CR 6, PT 4

Expand full comment

That should have been called a Colorado penalty kick.

Expand full comment

Nathan looking decent on the wing but is is the Rapids. I do wonder if he could transition to the midfield. Maybe next season? Especially if we can get new strikers along with Boli?

Expand full comment

Nathan playing really well on the wing

Expand full comment
Jul 5, 2023·edited Jul 5, 2023

When it comes to soccer - especially shot selection - Loria has the brain of a goldfish.

Expand full comment

Loria misses!

Expand full comment

These are definitely two of the worst teams in the league, but why does it feel like Colorado will probably score and come away with 3 points here.

Expand full comment

Yeah, this game is wide open. And not in a good way. Pretty clear both us and the Rapids love giving the opposition plenty of space to run.

Expand full comment

That looked like a really bad tackle on Nathan there from Abubakar. How that isn’t a yellow I’ll never know, seemed like it could’ve been a red if it had more force

Expand full comment

Paredes has been weirdly absent so far, this seems like the type of game he’d thrive in

Expand full comment

Nathan gives it all

Expand full comment

This definitely looks like two bad teams playing soccer

Expand full comment

Tired of Grandma’s drapes jerseys. How are the Timbers supposed to feel good about themselves wearing those? Seems like pouring salt in a wound.

Expand full comment

Alright, players now retaking the field for warmups, kick off scheduled for 8:25

Expand full comment

I know the Rapids have a game on Saturday, but since the Timbers don't play again until the 15th, would it be the worst thing for either team to postpone this game until tomorrow? Just looking at my wife's Twitter feed and the weather looks pretty dire in CC right now.

Expand full comment

Congratulations! You just bought the Timbers. The people want to know: what are your 1, 5 & 10 year plans for your new club?

Expand full comment
Jul 5, 2023·edited Jul 5, 2023

This is likely a long delay, judging by the radar. Probably after 8-8:30. The game to watch is LAFC vs. Galaxy at the Rose Bowl. 90,000 tickets sold. Starts at 7:30.

Expand full comment
Jul 5, 2023·edited Jul 5, 2023

What the fuck do they expect me to do? watch this black and white bullshit until the game comes on?

Expand full comment

And Season Pass - you can’t toggle a different game or some commentary or something while we wait for the delay to end?

Expand full comment

Weather delay - is it:

1) good because the game hasn’t actually started so we’re spared from watching?

Or

2) Bad because the game isn’t any closer to being over yet?

Expand full comment

There are two guys in this lineup who haven't had significant time. 2. The rest have been here and played together, or are veterans. We should look like we know what we're doing. We'll see. But I expect the excuse to be Gio is dealing with too many injuries etc.

Also, I'm troubled by the possibility that Gio isn't getting along with Evander, Moreno, and Jazzy, possibly sitting two or three of them because of it.

Expand full comment

Just saw the lineup. Gio waved the white flag, full stop. Maybe he really wants to get fired. We can oly hope. I also saw Yapi starting for the Rpaids; where's our young player? Oh wait..we don't have any.

Expand full comment

whatevs, just here for the witty banter :-)

Expand full comment

If we lose this one in embarrassing style, here’s hoping for the soon to be independence of the coaching staff and several players this offseason.

Expand full comment

Happy 4th everyone!!!

Expand full comment

Weird ass lineup. To me it looks like a 4-3-3 with Nathan on the wing and a midfield of Paredes, Griffith, and Chara, but I don’t know. Bingham over Ivacic is weird. Glad Miller is starting at CB though

Expand full comment

3rd time, I think. Pretty sure they played in Commerce City on the 4th in 2016.

Expand full comment